Labels

Sunday 1 May 2016

International Jazz day.

JAZZ! an African american musical art form that originated from new Orleans in the 19th and early 20th century. Yesterday, in my timeline was international Jazz day. And my college, Edna Manley school of visual and performing arts, hosted a concert on the lawns of Devon house with performers such as Myrna Hague and Lynn Seaton. soulful, jazzy performances. But, while all that was happening there was also me and 3 other of my school mates doing interactive performance painting on the side capturing the soul of Jazz in painting and at the end they would be auctioned off.
This one my school mate and close friend did together. Focusing on the oppression of black people in the times and how Jazz emerged serving as a beacon of hope and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment